Monday, August 4, 2008

Beautiful Jesus by Marshall

My Beautiful Jesus was not as beautiful as it could have been this Sunday. Huh? Kristian Stanfill's worship song by the same name has a great gruitar lick under-pinning the song for the first 2 verses. It's tricky to practice let along play live and when you fat finger a note the whole congregation knows...

I spent some time learning the 'good enough' version myself but there were a couple of fingerings that are very tough to nail live and even harder for me to play unless I am sitting down - which looks a little strange on stage.

What to do? Check out Marshall Frimoth's youtube video which is note for note dead-on with the recorded version. Spend some time learning this part and amaze your worship band friends.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

...so when is your next post? Not that I get tired of Marshall on Youtube. That is not possible. ;o)